Thursday, October 06, 2005

(updated)Happy Birthday...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RET9LC0P
(fast forward to start at 9 mins for Naoko's version of kosumosu)

Today is my late mother's birthday..she passed away over 2 years ago due to cancer..And it has been really difficult to get over it.. and I don't even know when I will be able to do that..
This morning, when I was on my way to work in a subway, I became very down all of a sudden as the thought of celebrating her birthday started to go in and out of my mind.. every year, my mom would make me take her out for dinner, which was not a big deal.. but this year, it is particularly difficult, as it is so close to Canadian Thanksgiving... This holiday no longer means anything to me as I only have my sister living close to me in Toronto, still not sure if we will get together for dinner or not as she has been very busy, just started working at Mini Cooper..

So as I was listening to my ipod with all these thoughts coming in and out, all of a sudden, Kosumosu started to play... I was trying very hard to hold my tears back and people sitting near me must be wondering what's wrong with me...trips that I wanted to take with my mom that didnt get materialized... recipe she wanted to show me...etc

And all I wanted to say to her was:
こんな小春日和の穏やかな日はもう少しあなたの子供でいさせてください
On such a serene Indian summer day, please let me be your childfor a little while longer

2 Comments:

At 8:22 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Online forum aims to give civil servants a voice
Government employees have a new place to sound off and journalists have another source for information.
Great blog. I run a home furnishings site. It's a guide to quality home furnishings, apparel and gift sites around the web. Stop by sometime!

 
At 1:31 a.m., Blogger JameZ said...

Thank you for sharing ths beautiful story. I can fully empathise with you because my grandmother died on the 6th 8 years ago and my thoughts drifted to her. She was the person I loved most in the world and it was painful losing her.

She is in a better place now because she was in quite a lot of pain in the last months and I will always remember and love her ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home