Friday, June 02, 2006

A-MEI 張惠妹-聽海(listening to the Ocean)

Tonight, I went to see XM3... Last time, I went to see XM2, it was with my partner(my ex)... tonight I drove home by myself after the movie, telling myself I should enjoy being single..

I don't usually listen to taiwanese songs.... but when I heard this song for the first time many years ago... I fell in love with it.. especially the lyrics..



You sent me a letter today telling me
What colour the ocean is
The ocean that keeps you company every night
Do you know how she feels?
Grey means she doesn’t want to talk about it
Blue means melancholic
And you are the one who is always drifting
With a heart like tidal wave
Where are you going to settle down?
*You wrote me a letter tonight telling me
What kind of dream you are having
Am I the one who doesn’t give you a chance to choose
when I am in or out of your dream
My heart sinks
Through the night, I can’t close my eyes
Why won’t you get closer to me
Even thou’ obviously you have fallen for me
Listen…. The Ocean is weeping
Feeling sorry for those who were hurt and still not awake
“No, I am not one of them
At least I am calm and I know what I am doing”
But tears, even tears won’t believe what I say
Listen... The sound of a weeping Ocean
Maybe this Ocean has so much love to give
Weeping till sunrise
Your letter is our last date?
Telling me how you felt when you left me

3 Comments:

At 9:52 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on~~

Taiwanese mandarin songs are very good. I can recommend you a few of them if you are interested. :-)

 
At 11:22 a.m., Blogger Jack said...

oh.. I didn't mean they are no good.. I just never really developed a habit of following them..being a Taiwanese myself..I love Judy Ongg for sure..

 
At 10:44 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home